Monday, August 13, 2007

Taking Leave

Tomorrow I climb on a plane back to Cape Town.
And have learned much while in the United Kingdom.
I am grateful for the generous hospitality of the people I met... people such as Rory and Linda Dalgliesh, Sue and John Culver, and Debbie Dargan. Thank you too to Ronnie Millar, Des vd Water, and Paul Howes for friendship and colleagueship.

I take leave of my daughter Jessica, who has spent the first seven months of this year as a music assistant at a school. I have spend the last 10 days with her and am amazed at how she has matured into a confident and capable young lady. She now leaves for Scotland, where she will spend the next three months at the Iona Community as a volunteer (She begins in the kitchen!)

And I head back to Cape Town to discover the next chapter in my life.

7 comments:

Scout with the Cross said...

Pete

Thanks for your input and friendship at Corrymeela. It was a pleasure to meet both you and Jessica. Best wishes to you both and I will keep viewing your blogs.

Trevor
PS I'll think of you when England beat South Africa in the Rugby World Cup!

Deacon Sue said...

Shalom,
farewell,
God's peace my friend,
go with you now....


(sounds better when it is sung!)
love Sue

Jenny Hillebrand said...

Hi Pete

I only know you through your blog, but I have really enjoyed your accounts of your trip. Thank you for sharing.
Jenny

Sylvia said...

May God go with you Pete. It's fantastic to have met you, I look forward to reading more of your blogs and when mine is up and running I'll send you the address. Thanks for sharing your wisdom at Corrymeela. with love in Jesus

Anonymous said...

It has been good to peer through the blog windows looking onto your adventure. You owe me much more detail over a Latte soon.
Bon-Voyage
PW

Wessel Bentley said...

Hi Pete,

In the photo, Jess is standing next to a sign reading "Lady unsuitable fo...".

Can you please complete the sentence?

Will be great to have you back in SA. Can I come visit during Conference?

Anonymous said...

That's funny, the JWC folks here are telling me you won't be back 'til the 20th. They are trying to call you now, making sure that someone will pick us up tomorrow. I trust that you, or someone, will! We come in at 14:10 on SAA flight 333.