Friday, August 17, 2007

My Bed

I have slept in many different beds in the last month...ranging from single beds to wonderful double beds. And of course Emirates Airlines offered me a number of different plane seats for overnight accommodation. However, despite all this amazing hospitality, I know that my own bed is best.

My bed has contours that fit my body – mainly because I have been lying on “my” side of the bed I share with Jenny for many years. I know exactly where the light is if I need to turn it on at night. I know exactly how the blankets fit if I am cold, and how to position the pillows to get maximum comfort.

Which is perhaps a good analogy for the past month.
Because while I have thoroughly appreciated the hospitality of the many people I have met, I am glad to be home. I am back in the place where I “fit”. I know the networks that help to make me more efficient. I know the feel of the community. And I know that right now God’s call on my life is to work here in Plumstead. So I will be taking the many experiences and learnings of the past month and using them here.
And I am grateful to all those who have been my teachers.

3 comments:

bugs said...

welcome back! hope you will be sharing those insights and experiences with us

digitaldion (Dion Forster) said...

Welcome home Pete! We've missed you!

Much love from a COLD and WET Oxford!

D

Mev Dominee said...

Welcome back Pete.

Hope that you enjoyed the trip and visiting your daughter.

Thank you for sharing the all of your experiences on the blog so diligently.

;o)