Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The Bible


"Every scripture is inspired by God and useful for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness" (2 Timothy 3:16).

Saying that scripture is "inspired by God" is the recognition that God chooses to use scripture to inspire us. It is acknowledging that reading the scriptures has become a particular way of allowing the Spirit of God to engage with us.

The Christian Bible has a special place in my life because I am inspired by the stories of those who met the Spirit of God long before me. This does not mean that their words are infallible or without error. Rather when I search for truth in the Bible, I am able to look beyond the human limitations of those who wrote its many books. Instead I discover in the Bible the truths of those who experienced a relationship with God - and their reflections on this encounter. I can learn from then as I discern God at work in my own life.

 And I am grateful.

1 comment:

Delme Linscott said...

Look forward to sharing in the studies with you tonight my Captain!