Thursday, January 29, 2009

Road Trip




I am on a road trip with my daughter Lisa. We loaded up my trusty GS11.50 and headed for Rooi Els, via Gordon's Bay. The menu at the pub said 'bikers breakfast' and we took it. The photograph is of Lisa looking back at the route we have taken from Cape Town. We continued along the coast through Hermanus, turning inland at Stanford. Tonight we sleep at Swellendam. It is a joy to be able to share such amazingly beautiful country with Lisa. It is also a privilege to have time together to talk, remember the past, dream of the future, and fix the world. I treasure our friendship.

3 comments:

digitaldion (Dion Forster) said...

superb! The stuff of great memories. Thanks for sharing!

rebecca said...

I tried to post the ship is sinking but it wouldn't let me. anyhow, i love the post. Sometimes I wish the church would stop all of its bickering, preaching and arguing and start reaching. I work with a lot of riff raff and homosexuals, addicts and sorts of people. I find the more refreshing at times than the church folk as they seek God. They are also humble reminders for me.

Thanks for your thoughts.

becky

Paddy said...

What a great landscape for a road trip.