Monday, June 23, 2008

Praying for the End to Unjust Rule

I remember June 16, 1986. I joined thousands of other Christians in prayer for the end to an unjust rule in South Africa. (This was strongly opposed by most white people – we were reluctant to relinquish our white privilege).
It is time for us to pray for the end to unjust Zimbabwean rule.

Zimbabwe's President Mugabe has dared to challenge God.
Mugabe said on Friday that "only God" could remove him from office. "The MDC will never be allowed to rule this country -- never, ever," Mugabe told local business people in Zimbabwe's second city, Bulawayo, referring to the opposition Movement for Democratic Change. "Only God who appointed me will remove me -- not the MDC, not the British." He later added: "We will never allow an event like an election reverse our independence, our sovereignty, our sweat and all that we fought for ... all that our comrades died fighting for."

I am praying that God will remove Robert Mugabe from power.... permanently.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What if it is not an arrogant challenge, but a recognition that he is now probably beyond any help but that which God can give him?

Deep inside, he must be so full of fear to have such power and yet to need to abuse it so horrifically.

I echo your prayer that God will remove him, for his sake, and for all our sakes - Father, forgive him because I do not think I can.

Scout with the Cross said...

I'm praying your prayer bro.